I am frequently asked what I bring as host/hostess gifts. Let me tell you, I love to answer this question! I enjoy nothing more than preparing a little something special for a host or hostess. Here are my current absolute favorite gifts to bear for every type of host and every type of party:
1. For the host that you are just getting to know:
– Williams Sonoma have these seasonal Essential Oils Deluxe Hand Soap & Lotion Gift Sets. They are so luxurious! This gift is a little something that will last months; it will bring a smile to your face and delight senses. It turns the simple act of washing your hands into a spa-like experience. Not to mention, it’s something every home needs and having a back up is nothing short of genius!
2. For the quirky host who’s kitchen is her favorite room in the house:
-Oh Anthropolgie, how I love thee! You can walk into any of their stores and anything you pick out will be amazing. My current favorite are these adorable little fruit baskets that are full of even more adorable dish towels. I like to pair these with the dining room measuring spoons that are as much art as they are function.
3. For the classy modern host:
-This is a great gift for either host or hostess! Bringing a bottle of bubbly or vino is a sure way to please at a dinner party. Bringing something extra special with two modern flutes for the hosts to have a quiet romantic moment to celebrate after the party or for that much needed mimosa in the morning is practically perfect in every way! I love the modern style of Crate and Barrel’s Edge Sparkling Wine Glasses.
4. For the host that loves to host:
– Ask any one that loves to host and they will tell you that a cheese board is one of the best gifts to give and receive and there is no such thing as having too many serving plates or boards. This is one of my absolute favorites since you can actually write on the board and cheeses really pop against the dark background the slate gives.
5. For the host that loves to cook:
– There are so many amazing cookbooks and new ones come out every single day! My current favorite to give is by a fellow blogger Smitten Kitchen. It’s so innovative and fun and the recipes are to die for! I like to wrap this gift in a pretty silk bow and tie one of these stunning heart shaped wooden spoons on top with the bow. Simply wonderful and a gift that is sure to please for months after the party is long over.